Acupuncture or needle therapy is based on the theory of the energy flow along the Meridian channels. Stimulation of the Meridian active points improves or encourages the body’s biological reactions. The specialists of our hospital use this ancient therapeutic mode for the purpose of treatment of serious health conditions. We apply to acupuncture along with modern medical techniques, which lets us achieve the best results in management of various disorders.
Acupuncture Department is one of the most demanded units of the First Teaching Hospital of Tianjin University of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM). Our innovative methods of treatment, implemented at the moment in practical medicine, catch the interest of the international medical community. The specialists from the USA, France, Germany, Switzerland, Russia, South Korea, Japan, as well as other international scientific-research communities of the world use acupuncture in their practical work.
One of the main achievements of our Department is the development of the unique methods of high blood pressure treatment. To cure the patients, our doctors stimulate their active points: ren ying, hegu, tai chong, qu chi, zu sanli, and so on. As a result of this work, we achieve significant lowering of the blood pressure and make the patient take less antihypertensive agents. In some cases, the specialists of the Department help the patients stop medication intake at all.
Conditions we treat
- Disorders of the cardiovascular system: arterial hypertension, cardiac conduction disease, atherosclerosis, etc.
- Nerve diseases: poststroke conditions and their consequences, paralytic stroke, aphasia, intestinal obstruction, uroclepsia, ataxia, thalamic pains, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, vascular dementia, etc.
- Gastrointestinal disorders: odynophagia, intestinal atony, gastroptosis, dysbacteriosis, diverticulitis, esophageal achalasia, gastritis, gastroesophageal reflux disease, gastroenteritis, hepatitis, diarrhoeal disease, etc.
- Genitourinary diseases: chronic prostatitis, gleet, and chronic cystitis.
Acupuncture is a kind of special treatment used mostly in China. This sort of “external therapy for internal diseases” is based on the idea of the acupoints and Meridians stimulation. First, the doctors reveal the cause of the disease according to the diagnosis and treatment methods of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM). Having found the lesions inside the patient’s body, the specialists work out the individual regimen of treatment. Our aim is to regulate the level of Qi energy, maintain Yin and Yang balance, and reconcile the viscera function.
As distinguished from many other ways of treatment, acupuncture does not rely on medication. We find certain points on the patient’s body and using a fine needle stimulate the nerves, in order to achieve the purpose of healing. Along with needles, our doctors apply the heat of fire to stimulate the active spots of human body. This way of treatment is called moxibustion.
Advantages of Acupuncture
According to TCM, acupuncture can be used both for the therapy and diagnosis of various disorders. It helps the specialists identify the cause of the illness, find the key and define the nature of the disease. The advantages of this therapeutic method are as follows:
- Acupuncture can be used for the treatment and prevention of internal, external, gynecological, pediatric and other diseases;
- The effect of such therapy is more rapid and significant – it stimulates the body function, improves the ability of disease resistance, and so on;
- Needle treatment is simple and easy to operate;
- Acupuncture has no or minimal side effects; it is safe and reliable, and can be combined with other therapies for comprehensive treatment.
If you want to undergo a course of acupuncture, contact the specialists of our hospital by therapy request form. Give us your personal medical data, and we will offer you the individual regimen of treatment.
+86 138 1102 3493
88 Zihuan Road, Xiqing, Tianjin, China